Jul 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Richard Petty has been in the news both on and off the track over the last couple of days.
Last Sunday at Daytona, Aric Almirola drove Petty’s famous No. 43 to Victory Lane on the 30th anniversary of Petty’s 200th and final win as a driver. It also marked the first win for the No. 43 in Sprint Cup competition since John Andretti took the checkered flag at Martinsville in 1999.
Then yesterday morning, Richard Petty Motorsports became one of nine multi-car Sprint Cup teams to form the Race Team Alliance, a collaborative business association that hopes to address various issues within the sport such as cost-cutting.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA (5 p.m. ET on NBCSN; CLICK HERE to stream it on NBC Sports Live Extra), Petty will be on to discuss both topics. NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast will also speak with Almirola about being able to claim his first Sprint Cup win and get RPM back on top.
Additionally, you’ll get to hear all the best radio bits from last Sunday’s race in the latest edition of “Scan All 43″ and USA Today’s Nate Ryan will have more on the Alliance’s development.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1