Jul 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Richard Petty has been in the news both on and off the track over the last couple of days.
Last Sunday at Daytona, Aric Almirola drove Petty’s famous No. 43 to Victory Lane on the 30th anniversary of Petty’s 200th and final win as a driver. It also marked the first win for the No. 43 in Sprint Cup competition since John Andretti took the checkered flag at Martinsville in 1999.
Then yesterday morning, Richard Petty Motorsports became one of nine multi-car Sprint Cup teams to form the Race Team Alliance, a collaborative business association that hopes to address various issues within the sport such as cost-cutting.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA (5 p.m. ET on NBCSN; CLICK HERE to stream it on NBC Sports Live Extra), Petty will be on to discuss both topics. NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast will also speak with Almirola about being able to claim his first Sprint Cup win and get RPM back on top.
Additionally, you’ll get to hear all the best radio bits from last Sunday’s race in the latest edition of “Scan All 43″ and USA Today’s Nate Ryan will have more on the Alliance’s development.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0