Jul 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Richard Childress Racing driver Brian Scott was the fastest in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Scott recorded a fast lap of 130.042 mph.
Heading into Saturday’s Sta-Green 200 at NHMS, Scott is still looking for his first win of the season, but has recorded six finishes in the top-7 in last nine races.
Scott’s speed topped the charts, followed by six of the next seven spots being occupied by Sprint Cup regulars.
Landon Cassill was 11th fastest (127.342), followed by Dylan Kwasniewski (127.274), Ty Dillon (127.163), Ryan Reed (126.918), Trevor Bayne (126.749), Brendan Gaughan (126.450), Austin Theriault (126.090), Mike Bliss (126.069), James Buescher (125.977) and Ryan Preece (125.927).
A total of 38 drivers took the the track with Carlos Contreras being the slowest of the field at 120.121 mph.
The second NNS practice session of the day will begin at 3 pm ET and go until 4:25 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5