Jul 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Richard Childress Racing driver Brian Scott was the fastest in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Scott recorded a fast lap of 130.042 mph.
Heading into Saturday’s Sta-Green 200 at NHMS, Scott is still looking for his first win of the season, but has recorded six finishes in the top-7 in last nine races.
Scott’s speed topped the charts, followed by six of the next seven spots being occupied by Sprint Cup regulars.
Landon Cassill was 11th fastest (127.342), followed by Dylan Kwasniewski (127.274), Ty Dillon (127.163), Ryan Reed (126.918), Trevor Bayne (126.749), Brendan Gaughan (126.450), Austin Theriault (126.090), Mike Bliss (126.069), James Buescher (125.977) and Ryan Preece (125.927).
A total of 38 drivers took the the track with Carlos Contreras being the slowest of the field at 120.121 mph.
The second NNS practice session of the day will begin at 3 pm ET and go until 4:25 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52