Jul 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Richard Childress Racing driver Brian Scott was the fastest in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Scott recorded a fast lap of 130.042 mph.
Heading into Saturday’s Sta-Green 200 at NHMS, Scott is still looking for his first win of the season, but has recorded six finishes in the top-7 in last nine races.
Scott’s speed topped the charts, followed by six of the next seven spots being occupied by Sprint Cup regulars.
Landon Cassill was 11th fastest (127.342), followed by Dylan Kwasniewski (127.274), Ty Dillon (127.163), Ryan Reed (126.918), Trevor Bayne (126.749), Brendan Gaughan (126.450), Austin Theriault (126.090), Mike Bliss (126.069), James Buescher (125.977) and Ryan Preece (125.927).
A total of 38 drivers took the the track with Carlos Contreras being the slowest of the field at 120.121 mph.
The second NNS practice session of the day will begin at 3 pm ET and go until 4:25 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2