Jul 11, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
With less than a minute remaining in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, Darrell Wallace Jr. snatched the pole for tonight’s American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway away from Kyle Busch Motorsports teammate Erik Jones.
Wallace earned his second career Truck Series pole with a lap of 137.279 miles per hour on his fourth of five laps run during the 10-minute final round. That was enough to beat out 18-year-old Jones and his best lap of 137.189 mph.
Peters had been a provisional pole sitter during the final round, but his lap of 136.897 mph was ultimately good enough for third on the grid. Blaney turned in a 136.855 mph lap for fourth.
Green flag for tonight’s 200-lap race, weather permitting, is slated for 8:30 p.m. ET.
Johnny Sauter enters the race with an eight-point advantage over Crafton in the Truck Series standings, with Peters (-11), Blaney (-12), and Hornaday (-13) not far behind. Sauter will start 18th.
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Monaco Grand Prix on Live Extra from 5am ET 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0