Jul 11, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
With less than a minute remaining in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, Darrell Wallace Jr. snatched the pole for tonight’s American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway away from Kyle Busch Motorsports teammate Erik Jones.
Wallace earned his second career Truck Series pole with a lap of 137.279 miles per hour on his fourth of five laps run during the 10-minute final round. That was enough to beat out 18-year-old Jones and his best lap of 137.189 mph.
Peters had been a provisional pole sitter during the final round, but his lap of 136.897 mph was ultimately good enough for third on the grid. Blaney turned in a 136.855 mph lap for fourth.
Green flag for tonight’s 200-lap race, weather permitting, is slated for 8:30 p.m. ET.
Johnny Sauter enters the race with an eight-point advantage over Crafton in the Truck Series standings, with Peters (-11), Blaney (-12), and Hornaday (-13) not far behind. Sauter will start 18th.
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton eases to Italian GP pole at Monza 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1