Jul 11, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Remember JR Motorsports public relations man Tyler Overstreet (pictured, right)?
Earlier this spring, Overstreet was at the center of a prank perpetrated by part-time JRM Nationwide Series driver Kevin Harvick, team communications director Mike Davis, and NASCAR pit reporter Matt Yocum.
The prank involved Yocum doing an interview with Harvick, only to be told not to do so by his “boss” – actually, Davis – on the grounds that it would be a conflict of interest.
Overstreet had to take the role of interviewer, but he was given a fake list of questions that centered around team sponsor Hunt Brothers Pizza. You can probably figure out how that went.
But it would appear that Overstreet has gained a fair bit of respect since the prank. As this fresh clip above from JRM details, their drivers in both Nationwide and Late Models have been doing a lot of winning since he came on board.
And that has everyone in the JRM shop extolling the virtues of Overstreet and helping to create his “legend.”
“Tyler can belch the alphabet in Spanish,” Harvick proclaims.
“Tyler doesn’t wear shades – he tells the sun when to shine,” fellow JRM part-timer Kasey Kahne enthuses.
“Tyler donates his hair to make sweaters for sheep,” says JRM’s Late Model pilot, Josh Berry.
Indeed, the legend of Tyler Overstreet is growing. And should JRM continue its winning ways and emerge with a Nationwide Series championship in 2014, we’re betting that legend will grow into something quite formidable.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0