Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was expected to have two practice sessions this morning at Iowa Speedway in advance of tonight’s American Ethanol 200.
Instead, rain showers have forced NASCAR to cancel the second of those practice sessions.
This comes after IndyCar had to cut their own first practice short, also because of rain.
Qualifying for tonight’s Truck Series event is still scheduled for 5:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 200-lap race at 8:30 p.m. ET.
But for the time being, the only thing on the 7/8-mile Iowa bullring are the Air Titans.
However, the Truck contingent was able to get in their first, 75-minute practice – which was topped by Darrell Wallace Jr. and his fast lap of 137.261 mph.
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 3