Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was expected to have two practice sessions this morning at Iowa Speedway in advance of tonight’s American Ethanol 200.
Instead, rain showers have forced NASCAR to cancel the second of those practice sessions.
This comes after IndyCar had to cut their own first practice short, also because of rain.
Qualifying for tonight’s Truck Series event is still scheduled for 5:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 200-lap race at 8:30 p.m. ET.
But for the time being, the only thing on the 7/8-mile Iowa bullring are the Air Titans.
However, the Truck contingent was able to get in their first, 75-minute practice – which was topped by Darrell Wallace Jr. and his fast lap of 137.261 mph.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0