Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EST
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was expected to have two practice sessions this morning at Iowa Speedway in advance of tonight’s American Ethanol 200.
Instead, rain showers have forced NASCAR to cancel the second of those practice sessions.
This comes after IndyCar had to cut their own first practice short, also because of rain.
Qualifying for tonight’s Truck Series event is still scheduled for 5:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 200-lap race at 8:30 p.m. ET.
But for the time being, the only thing on the 7/8-mile Iowa bullring are the Air Titans.
However, the Truck contingent was able to get in their first, 75-minute practice – which was topped by Darrell Wallace Jr. and his fast lap of 137.261 mph.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 1
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 21