Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EST
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was expected to have two practice sessions this morning at Iowa Speedway in advance of tonight’s American Ethanol 200.
Instead, rain showers have forced NASCAR to cancel the second of those practice sessions.
This comes after IndyCar had to cut their own first practice short, also because of rain.
Qualifying for tonight’s Truck Series event is still scheduled for 5:40 p.m. ET, followed by the 200-lap race at 8:30 p.m. ET.
But for the time being, the only thing on the 7/8-mile Iowa bullring are the Air Titans.
However, the Truck contingent was able to get in their first, 75-minute practice – which was topped by Darrell Wallace Jr. and his fast lap of 137.261 mph.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0