Jul 11, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
While first practice session leader Brian Scott fell backward in the second session, Richard Childress Racing teammate Paul Menard led the way at New Hampshire Motor Speedway to take over the top spot on the happy hour practice speed chart.
Menard recorded the fastest speed at 130.595 mph.
Austin Theriault was 11th fastest (128.750), followed by Ryan Sieg (128.737), Matt Kenseth (128.528), James Buescher (128.299), Elliott Sadler (128.130), Chase Elliott (128.014), Regan Smith (127.954), Brian Scott (127.773), Ryan Reed (127.206) and Brennan Newberry (127.176).
Landon Cassill was 21st fastest (126.766), followed by Dakoda Armstrong (126.681), Jeffrey Earnhardt (125.819), Tanner Berryhill (125.774), JJ Yeley (125.612), Mike Bliss (125.608), Matt Frahm (125.525), Jeremy Clements (125.355), Eric McClure (125.108) and Josh Wise (124.801).
Rounding out the rest of the 41-car field were Derek White in 31st (124.707), Harrison Rhodes (124.345) Matt DiBenedetto (124.255), Blake Koch (123.859), Jake Crum (123.707), Derrike Cope (123.506), Joey Gase (123.502), Carlos Contreras (123.346), Kevin Lepage (122.710), Ryan Ellis (122.659) and Josh Reaume (121.847).
Qualifying for the Sta-Green 200 takes place at 10:10 am ET on Saturday morning, with the race itself set to take the green flag at 3:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Sebastian Vettel first discussed Ferrari move back in 2008 1
- FIA considering tender for new Formula 1 teams 5
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3