Jul 11, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
While first practice session leader Brian Scott fell backward in the second session, Richard Childress Racing teammate Paul Menard led the way at New Hampshire Motor Speedway to take over the top spot on the happy hour practice speed chart.
Menard recorded the fastest speed at 130.595 mph.
Austin Theriault was 11th fastest (128.750), followed by Ryan Sieg (128.737), Matt Kenseth (128.528), James Buescher (128.299), Elliott Sadler (128.130), Chase Elliott (128.014), Regan Smith (127.954), Brian Scott (127.773), Ryan Reed (127.206) and Brennan Newberry (127.176).
Landon Cassill was 21st fastest (126.766), followed by Dakoda Armstrong (126.681), Jeffrey Earnhardt (125.819), Tanner Berryhill (125.774), JJ Yeley (125.612), Mike Bliss (125.608), Matt Frahm (125.525), Jeremy Clements (125.355), Eric McClure (125.108) and Josh Wise (124.801).
Rounding out the rest of the 41-car field were Derek White in 31st (124.707), Harrison Rhodes (124.345) Matt DiBenedetto (124.255), Blake Koch (123.859), Jake Crum (123.707), Derrike Cope (123.506), Joey Gase (123.502), Carlos Contreras (123.346), Kevin Lepage (122.710), Ryan Ellis (122.659) and Josh Reaume (121.847).
Qualifying for the Sta-Green 200 takes place at 10:10 am ET on Saturday morning, with the race itself set to take the green flag at 3:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 2
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1