Jul 11, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
While first practice session leader Brian Scott fell backward in the second session, Richard Childress Racing teammate Paul Menard led the way at New Hampshire Motor Speedway to take over the top spot on the happy hour practice speed chart.
Menard recorded the fastest speed at 130.595 mph.
Austin Theriault was 11th fastest (128.750), followed by Ryan Sieg (128.737), Matt Kenseth (128.528), James Buescher (128.299), Elliott Sadler (128.130), Chase Elliott (128.014), Regan Smith (127.954), Brian Scott (127.773), Ryan Reed (127.206) and Brennan Newberry (127.176).
Landon Cassill was 21st fastest (126.766), followed by Dakoda Armstrong (126.681), Jeffrey Earnhardt (125.819), Tanner Berryhill (125.774), JJ Yeley (125.612), Mike Bliss (125.608), Matt Frahm (125.525), Jeremy Clements (125.355), Eric McClure (125.108) and Josh Wise (124.801).
Rounding out the rest of the 41-car field were Derek White in 31st (124.707), Harrison Rhodes (124.345) Matt DiBenedetto (124.255), Blake Koch (123.859), Jake Crum (123.707), Derrike Cope (123.506), Joey Gase (123.502), Carlos Contreras (123.346), Kevin Lepage (122.710), Ryan Ellis (122.659) and Josh Reaume (121.847).
Qualifying for the Sta-Green 200 takes place at 10:10 am ET on Saturday morning, with the race itself set to take the green flag at 3:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 2
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1