Jul 12, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
So far, it’s been a Brad Keselowski kind of day in New Hampshire.
After leading this morning’s second Sprint Cup practice and then winning the pole for today’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race, the 2012 Cup champion topped final Cup practice for Sunday’s Camping World RV Sales 301.
Keselowski turned in a lap of 133.254 miles per hour in his No. 2 Redd’s Apple Ale/Team Penske Ford that was enough to lead late flyers from Jeff Gordon (132.771), Denny Hamlin (132.739), and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (132.526).
Aric Almirola, last week’s winner in Daytona, was 31st-fastest in “Happy Hour” (130.707) driving his backup No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford.
During this morning’s second practice, Almirola suffered a tire failure and crashed his primary car; as a result of the incident, he’ll have to start Sunday’s race from the rear of the field.
Today’s Nationwide race will go off at 3:30 p.m. ET, and Sunday’s main event for Sprint Cup is set for a 1 p.m. ET start.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0