Jul 12, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
For four NASCAR Nationwide Series regulars, today’s Sta-Green 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (3:30 p.m. ET, check local listings) will be an opportunity to score a good chunk of change.
Nationwide Series points leader Regan Smith (pictured), veteran Jeremy Clements, and rookies Ryan Sieg and Ryan Reed are up for a $100,000 bonus prize as part of the “Dash4Cash” promotion from series sponsor Nationwide Insurance.
The D4C will take place over the next four events, starting with today’s race and then Chicagoland (July 19), Indianapolis (July 26), and Iowa (Aug. 2).
Smith, Clements, Sieg and Reed all qualified for this first round of the D4C by virtue of their results last weekend at Daytona. Smith finished second in a narrow loss to Kasey Kahne, followed by Sieg in third and Reed in fourth, then Clements in eighth.
The highest finisher of this foursome wins the New Hampshire bonus and automatically qualifies for the next D4C round at Chicagoland.
Additionally, the three highest-finishing NNS regulars not already qualified will also get to race for the Chicagoland bonus. Indianapolis and Iowa will work the same way.
Finally, should one driver win the first three D4C bonuses and then win the Iowa race outright, Nationwide will throw in an additional $600,000 prize – bringing the payout for that driver to a even $1 million.
For today’s race at New Hampshire, Smith and Reed will start 12th and 13th respectively. Sieg is a bit farther back at 20th on the grid, while Clements has the worst starting position of the D4C group at 30th.
Smith and Clements just about have the same finishing average in three NNS starts apiece at New Hampshire (Smith is at 19.3, while Clements is at 19.6), while Sieg and Reed are facing New Hampshire for the first time as NNS competitors.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0