NASCAR Hall of Fame debuts new Racin’ & Rockin’ exhibit, driver/fan Q&A series, Eldora truck race viewing party
Jul 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
The NASCAR Hall of Fame is going to be very busy over the next few months.
Last month, the Hall debuted one of its most intriguing exhibits ever called Rockin’ and Racin’. Not only are there several NASCAR race-winner trophies in the shapes of guitars created by noted artist Sam Bass, there are also a number of vehicles that have been used in NASCAR-themed music videos or movies.
Among those: The 1959 Chevrolet Corvette featured in Brad Paisley’s “Old Alabama” music video, country music star Marty Robbins’ 1964 Plymouth race car, Juan Pablo Montoya’s 2012 No. 42 Chevrolet sponsored by Taylor Swift and the 2003 Chevy Rock & Roll 400 guitar trophy. The exhibit is on display through the end of the year.
Now there’s two other activities that will grab fans’ attention at the Hall, located in downtown Charlotte, N.C.
First is a special viewing party on July 23 of the 1-800-CarCrash Mudsummer Classic NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Eldora (Ohio) Speedway. The party will be in the Hall’s 278-seat High Octane Theater on a 64-foot-wide, curved projection screen with surround sound. Admission is just $5 per person.
The Classic will mark the second straight year that the trucks have raced on the dirt at Eldora, one of the most popular highlights of last season, which also marked the first time any NASCAR series raced on dirt in 43 years.
And then there’s a new series of appearances by drivers from the Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck series, which begins this Tuesday, July 15, at 4 pm ET.
Called “Summer Driver Tuesdays,” each session will feature a question-and-answer session moderated by Hall executive director and Motor Racing Network personality Winston Kelley, followed by an autograph session with fans.
In addition, drivers as well as NASCAR Hall of Fame members and fans will also have the opportunity to race against each other in the iRacing Simulators in Race Week.
Here’s the schedule for the series (dates, times and drivers subject to change – check the Hall’s web site for updates):
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0