Jul 13, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Two weeks ago at Kentucky, Brad Keselowski tore up his right hand while trying to open a champagne bottle while celebrating his Sprint Cup win there.
Keselowski needed to have four stitches to close the blood-gushing cut. He eventually got the stitches removed just before last weekend’s Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.
Now, Team Penske teammate Joey Logano will compete in Sunday’s Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway with a minor sprain in his left wrist, according to a tweet from MRN’s Dustin Long.
Logano suffered the wrist sprain when he wrecked during practice Friday.
Logano has the wrist wrapped to increase support while also trying to minimize pain.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4