Jul 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Germany’s in for a fun week. In addition to celebrating a 1-0 win over Argentina in yesterday’s FIFA World Cup Final, the country is hosting Formula One this weekend with the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Four Germans currently race in F1 – two of them being World Championship leader Nico Rosberg and Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg.
As you’d imagine, the two Nicos were thrilled to see Die Mannschaft triumph in yesterday’s big match, and they celebrated via Twitter:
Rosberg’s Mercedes team is also saluting the accomplishment as well:
But for Rosberg, the World Cup win for Germany is just the topper on a great few days that also saw him get married in Monaco to his long-time girlfriend, Vivian.
Per James Allen on F1, this was a civil ceremony and a religious service will take place later this summer.
Of course, we wish Nico and Vivian all the best!
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 5
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3