Jul 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Germany’s in for a fun week. In addition to celebrating a 1-0 win over Argentina in yesterday’s FIFA World Cup Final, the country is hosting Formula One this weekend with the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Four Germans currently race in F1 – two of them being World Championship leader Nico Rosberg and Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg.
As you’d imagine, the two Nicos were thrilled to see Die Mannschaft triumph in yesterday’s big match, and they celebrated via Twitter:
Rosberg’s Mercedes team is also saluting the accomplishment as well:
But for Rosberg, the World Cup win for Germany is just the topper on a great few days that also saw him get married in Monaco to his long-time girlfriend, Vivian.
Per James Allen on F1, this was a civil ceremony and a religious service will take place later this summer.
Of course, we wish Nico and Vivian all the best!
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52