Jul 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Germany’s in for a fun week. In addition to celebrating a 1-0 win over Argentina in yesterday’s FIFA World Cup Final, the country is hosting Formula One this weekend with the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Four Germans currently race in F1 – two of them being World Championship leader Nico Rosberg and Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg.
As you’d imagine, the two Nicos were thrilled to see Die Mannschaft triumph in yesterday’s big match, and they celebrated via Twitter:
Rosberg’s Mercedes team is also saluting the accomplishment as well:
But for Rosberg, the World Cup win for Germany is just the topper on a great few days that also saw him get married in Monaco to his long-time girlfriend, Vivian.
Per James Allen on F1, this was a civil ceremony and a religious service will take place later this summer.
Of course, we wish Nico and Vivian all the best!
Video from NASCAR America
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6