Jul 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Germany’s in for a fun week. In addition to celebrating a 1-0 win over Argentina in yesterday’s FIFA World Cup Final, the country is hosting Formula One this weekend with the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Four Germans currently race in F1 – two of them being World Championship leader Nico Rosberg and Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg.
As you’d imagine, the two Nicos were thrilled to see Die Mannschaft triumph in yesterday’s big match, and they celebrated via Twitter:
Rosberg’s Mercedes team is also saluting the accomplishment as well:
But for Rosberg, the World Cup win for Germany is just the topper on a great few days that also saw him get married in Monaco to his long-time girlfriend, Vivian.
Per James Allen on F1, this was a civil ceremony and a religious service will take place later this summer.
Of course, we wish Nico and Vivian all the best!
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0