Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
SRT’s Kuno Wittmer isn’t the only factory shoe making a one-off appearance in the Pirelli World Challenge races at Toronto this weekend.
Porsche factory ace Nick Tandy of Bedfordshire, England, also gets the call-up this weekend on the streets of Exhibition Place, filling in for Tim Bergmeister, of Langfeld, Germany, in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R in the GT class.
While Wittmer’s is a return to PWC for the first time since 2010, this will mark Tandy’s first PWC start. Tandy won the Rolex 24 at Daytona this year with Richard Lietz and Patrick Pilet in the No. 911 Porsche 911 RSR.
Bergmeister posted his best results of the season last race at Road America, ending third and fifth in the two races at Elkhart Lake. Tandy will further develop the Porsche GT3 R alongside teammate Michael Mills, who competes in GT-A in the No. 41 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 0
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 6
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1