Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
SRT’s Kuno Wittmer isn’t the only factory shoe making a one-off appearance in the Pirelli World Challenge races at Toronto this weekend.
Porsche factory ace Nick Tandy of Bedfordshire, England, also gets the call-up this weekend on the streets of Exhibition Place, filling in for Tim Bergmeister, of Langfeld, Germany, in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R in the GT class.
While Wittmer’s is a return to PWC for the first time since 2010, this will mark Tandy’s first PWC start. Tandy won the Rolex 24 at Daytona this year with Richard Lietz and Patrick Pilet in the No. 911 Porsche 911 RSR.
Bergmeister posted his best results of the season last race at Road America, ending third and fifth in the two races at Elkhart Lake. Tandy will further develop the Porsche GT3 R alongside teammate Michael Mills, who competes in GT-A in the No. 41 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R.
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2
- Justin Wilson dies at age 37 28
- Race Recap: Hamilton cruises to sixth victory of 2015 at Spa 3