Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
SRT’s Kuno Wittmer isn’t the only factory shoe making a one-off appearance in the Pirelli World Challenge races at Toronto this weekend.
Porsche factory ace Nick Tandy of Bedfordshire, England, also gets the call-up this weekend on the streets of Exhibition Place, filling in for Tim Bergmeister, of Langfeld, Germany, in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R in the GT class.
While Wittmer’s is a return to PWC for the first time since 2010, this will mark Tandy’s first PWC start. Tandy won the Rolex 24 at Daytona this year with Richard Lietz and Patrick Pilet in the No. 911 Porsche 911 RSR.
Bergmeister posted his best results of the season last race at Road America, ending third and fifth in the two races at Elkhart Lake. Tandy will further develop the Porsche GT3 R alongside teammate Michael Mills, who competes in GT-A in the No. 41 EFFORT Racing Porsche GT3 R.
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0