Jul 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Germany’s riding the waves of victory after its World Cup win Sunday versus Argentina. This Sunday in Hockenheim, four German drivers (well, realistically two of them) have an opportunity to win their home Grand Prix.
Here’s a quick recap of each of Sebastian Vettel, Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenberg and Adrian Sutil’s Hockenheim results:
SEBASTIAN VETTEL: Oddly, this is a circuit where Vettel is yet to win. His lone home GP triumph came a year ago at the Nurburgring.
- 2012: Red Bull-Renault, Started 2nd, Finished 5th (10 points)
- 2010: Red Bull-Renault, Started 1st, Finished 3rd (15 points)
- 2008: Toro Rosso-Ferrari, Started 9th, Finished 8th (1 point)
NICO ROSBERG: Drive to a point two years ago after a gearbox change his best race… stands a good chance of scoring his first Hockenheim podium and first German GP win this weekend.
- 2012: Mercedes, Started 21st, Finished 10th (1 point)
- 2010: Mercedes, Started 9th, Finished 8th (4 points)
- 2008: Williams-Toyota, Started 13th, Finished 10th
- 2006: Williams-Cosworth, Started 14th, Retired-Accident (Lap 0)
NICO HULKENBERG: Excellent qualifying effort went somewhat for naught in 2012, but still banked points.
- 2012: Force India-Mercedes, Started 4th, Finished 9th (2 points)
- 2010: Williams-Cosworth, Started 10th, Finished 13th
ADRIAN SUTIL: A single GP start at Hockenheim is all Sutil has in his F1 career; he was out of the sport in 2012, incidentally, replaced by Hulkenberg at Force India.
- 2010: Force India-Mercedes, Started 19th, Finished 14th
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 0
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 9
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2