Jul 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Germany’s riding the waves of victory after its World Cup win Sunday versus Argentina. This Sunday in Hockenheim, four German drivers (well, realistically two of them) have an opportunity to win their home Grand Prix.
Here’s a quick recap of each of Sebastian Vettel, Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenberg and Adrian Sutil’s Hockenheim results:
SEBASTIAN VETTEL: Oddly, this is a circuit where Vettel is yet to win. His lone home GP triumph came a year ago at the Nurburgring.
- 2012: Red Bull-Renault, Started 2nd, Finished 5th (10 points)
- 2010: Red Bull-Renault, Started 1st, Finished 3rd (15 points)
- 2008: Toro Rosso-Ferrari, Started 9th, Finished 8th (1 point)
NICO ROSBERG: Drive to a point two years ago after a gearbox change his best race… stands a good chance of scoring his first Hockenheim podium and first German GP win this weekend.
- 2012: Mercedes, Started 21st, Finished 10th (1 point)
- 2010: Mercedes, Started 9th, Finished 8th (4 points)
- 2008: Williams-Toyota, Started 13th, Finished 10th
- 2006: Williams-Cosworth, Started 14th, Retired-Accident (Lap 0)
NICO HULKENBERG: Excellent qualifying effort went somewhat for naught in 2012, but still banked points.
- 2012: Force India-Mercedes, Started 4th, Finished 9th (2 points)
- 2010: Williams-Cosworth, Started 10th, Finished 13th
ADRIAN SUTIL: A single GP start at Hockenheim is all Sutil has in his F1 career; he was out of the sport in 2012, incidentally, replaced by Hulkenberg at Force India.
- 2010: Force India-Mercedes, Started 19th, Finished 14th
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0