Jul 16, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Here’s a few quick notes from the entry list for the Honda Indy Toronto, the last doubleheader weekend of the Verizon IndyCar Series season:
- Juan Pablo Montoya will run with Hawk Performance as a primary sponsor for the first time this year on his No. 2 Penske Motorsports Chevrolet. Verizon and PPG have been sponsors prior to that.
- Helio Castroneves takes on the blue and white PPG colors on his No. 3 Team Penske Chevrolet.
- Sebastien Bourdais is back in black… the No. 11 KVSH Racing Chevrolet will feature Hydroxycut primary sponsorship instead of the Mistic green and white or dark red Shatter colors that have adorned the car the last three race weekends.
- Luca Filippi will be back in the second Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda for his second weekend of the year. The Italian has raced at the Mid-Ohio, Baltimore and Houston circuits, and this weekend will be his debut at Toronto.
- Marco Andretti’s No. 25 Andretti Autosport Honda returns to Dr Pepper colors for Toronto, as it has been for several seasons.
- Charlie Kimball continues in the green and white No. 83 Levemir FlexTouch Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet for the fourth consecutive weekend.
- Jack Hawksworth has Castrol Edge listed as a primary sponsor for this race, rather than Integrity Energee Drink on the No. 98 BHA/BBM with Curb-Agajanian Honda.
Both Saturday’s and Sunday’s Verizon IndyCar Series races will air at 3 p.m. ET each day on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 12
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2