Jul 17, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
There’ll be lots of racing next week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
But starting Friday through next Wednesday, July 23, there’s going to be another kind of race of sorts for fans.
IMS officials announced that the track will host a scavenger hunt, where fans will race throughout Indianapolis in an effort to win tickets for next Sunday’s race and other prizes, including two meet-and-greet sessions with Sprint Cup driver Jeff Gordon.
By the way, for the record, the official name of next Sunday’s race has to be some kind of record, as it takes up a virtual paragraph all by itself:
“The 21st 2014 Crown Royal Presents the John Wayne Walding 400 at the Brickyard Powered by BigMachineRecords.com”
All clues for scavenger hunters will be posted on IMS’ official Twitter account @IMS and with the hashtag #BY400Hunt.
The key for hunters is to find a marked piece of paper that will be taped below a NASCAR diecast car at various locations around Indy. Those pieces of paper will in turn give instructions on how to claim prizes.
Winners are also asked to post photos of their prizes to Twitter, IMS officials said in a media release.
Perhaps the best tip or clue to all those who take part in the scavenger hunt: wear comfortable shoes. You’re going to be covering a lot of ground.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0