Jul 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Sergio Perez is expecting to come away from the German Grand Prix with a good haul of points following a disappointing weekend at Silverstone last time out.
The Mexican driver qualified seventh for the British Grand Prix, but dropped to the back of the field following contact with Jean-Eric Vergne on the opening lap of the race. Despite fighting his way back to P11 following the red flag, he still feels that the pace of the car was lacking.
“Silverstone was a bit worse than expected,” he explained. “Obviously the contact that I had with Vergne when he collided into my car was really bad because that put me last for the restart, so had make up everything.
“In the end, we finished 11th, just out of the points, but still, the pace wasn’t really there. All weekend we struggled.”
This time around, he is expecting a weekend more like the one he enjoyed in Austria, where he finished an excellent sixth despite having a grid penalty after qualifying.
“I expect this weekend that we will be back to our level, and I expect to come out of the weekend with a good amount of points for our fight between for fourth position in the constructors’,” he said. “I think here, for the good of the team, for the confidence of the whole team, we should be really, really strong in this place.”
Perez also confirmed in the media session that Force India would not be using the FRIC system on its car, the legality of which has been called into question by the FIA.
“We won’t run it I think,” Perez explained. “It’s pretty much taken the decision from the senior management that we won’t run it. I don’t know how much it will affect us, but I don’t expect it will have a big impact on our car.
“Some teams, of course, they have developed the system and have a much advanced system than us, and have a bigger impact than we will.”
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 2
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 1
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0