Kyle Larson, defending winner Austin Dillon, Michael Annett to compete in Wednesday’s MudSummerClassic at Eldora
Jul 18, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
Three of the best up-and-coming drivers on the Sprint Cup circuit will take part in the second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora (Ohio) Speedway next Wednesday.
According to an official entry list from NASCAR, defending race winner – and Sprint Cup rookie this season – Austin Dillon will be on hand to defend his title in the second MudSummer Classic at the legendary southwest Ohio dirt track.
Dillon will be driving the No. 2 truck, while younger brother Ty will be driving the No. 3 truck.
Veteran racer Ken Schrader will also be in the field, driving the No. 00.
Last year’s inaugural event marked the first time in over 40 years that NASCAR had held a race on dirt. Not only did Eldora set a attendance record, TV ratings also spiked for the historic event.
This year’s race will be Wednesday, July 23, televised live at 9 pm ET on Fox Sports 1.
For more information about the race, including the entire entry list, click here to go to Jayski.com.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2