Kyle Larson, defending winner Austin Dillon, Michael Annett to compete in Wednesday’s MudSummerClassic at Eldora
Jul 18, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
Three of the best up-and-coming drivers on the Sprint Cup circuit will take part in the second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora (Ohio) Speedway next Wednesday.
According to an official entry list from NASCAR, defending race winner – and Sprint Cup rookie this season – Austin Dillon will be on hand to defend his title in the second MudSummer Classic at the legendary southwest Ohio dirt track.
Dillon will be driving the No. 2 truck, while younger brother Ty will be driving the No. 3 truck.
Veteran racer Ken Schrader will also be in the field, driving the No. 00.
Last year’s inaugural event marked the first time in over 40 years that NASCAR had held a race on dirt. Not only did Eldora set a attendance record, TV ratings also spiked for the historic event.
This year’s race will be Wednesday, July 23, televised live at 9 pm ET on Fox Sports 1.
For more information about the race, including the entire entry list, click here to go to Jayski.com.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1