Kyle Larson, defending winner Austin Dillon, Michael Annett to compete in Wednesday’s MudSummerClassic at Eldora
Jul 18, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
Three of the best up-and-coming drivers on the Sprint Cup circuit will take part in the second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora (Ohio) Speedway next Wednesday.
According to an official entry list from NASCAR, defending race winner – and Sprint Cup rookie this season – Austin Dillon will be on hand to defend his title in the second MudSummer Classic at the legendary southwest Ohio dirt track.
Dillon will be driving the No. 2 truck, while younger brother Ty will be driving the No. 3 truck.
Veteran racer Ken Schrader will also be in the field, driving the No. 00.
Last year’s inaugural event marked the first time in over 40 years that NASCAR had held a race on dirt. Not only did Eldora set a attendance record, TV ratings also spiked for the historic event.
This year’s race will be Wednesday, July 23, televised live at 9 pm ET on Fox Sports 1.
For more information about the race, including the entire entry list, click here to go to Jayski.com.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 4
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 13
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 6
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 4