Kyle Larson, defending winner Austin Dillon, Michael Annett to compete in Wednesday’s MudSummerClassic at Eldora
Jul 18, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
Three of the best up-and-coming drivers on the Sprint Cup circuit will take part in the second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora (Ohio) Speedway next Wednesday.
According to an official entry list from NASCAR, defending race winner – and Sprint Cup rookie this season – Austin Dillon will be on hand to defend his title in the second MudSummer Classic at the legendary southwest Ohio dirt track.
Dillon will be driving the No. 2 truck, while younger brother Ty will be driving the No. 3 truck.
Veteran racer Ken Schrader will also be in the field, driving the No. 00.
Last year’s inaugural event marked the first time in over 40 years that NASCAR had held a race on dirt. Not only did Eldora set a attendance record, TV ratings also spiked for the historic event.
This year’s race will be Wednesday, July 23, televised live at 9 pm ET on Fox Sports 1.
For more information about the race, including the entire entry list, click here to go to Jayski.com.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1