Jul 18, 2014, 11:41 AM EST
Moffitt will be making his third Sprint Cup start of the season. In June, the K&N Pro Series East product finished 22nd at Dover in his first career Cup start and then finished 34th at Michigan.
“To race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a dream of any kid who’s ever gotten behind the wheel of any type of race car,” Moffitt said in a release from Jay Robinson Racing. “Jay is helping make that happen for me. It’s just incredible.”
The No. 66 competes in all Cup races through a partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing.
For Indy, Moffitt will enjoy backing from Character Counts, a “community-based and educational program” that focuses on teaching school children ethics and values through what it calls the “six pillars of character” – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
The program is administered by the Josephson Institute of Youth Ethics and reaches over seven million U.S. school children per year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 0
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5