Jul 18, 2014, 11:41 AM EST
Moffitt will be making his third Sprint Cup start of the season. In June, the K&N Pro Series East product finished 22nd at Dover in his first career Cup start and then finished 34th at Michigan.
“To race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a dream of any kid who’s ever gotten behind the wheel of any type of race car,” Moffitt said in a release from Jay Robinson Racing. “Jay is helping make that happen for me. It’s just incredible.”
The No. 66 competes in all Cup races through a partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing.
For Indy, Moffitt will enjoy backing from Character Counts, a “community-based and educational program” that focuses on teaching school children ethics and values through what it calls the “six pillars of character” – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
The program is administered by the Josephson Institute of Youth Ethics and reaches over seven million U.S. school children per year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4