Jul 18, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Moffitt will be making his third Sprint Cup start of the season. In June, the K&N Pro Series East product finished 22nd at Dover in his first career Cup start and then finished 34th at Michigan.
“To race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a dream of any kid who’s ever gotten behind the wheel of any type of race car,” Moffitt said in a release from Jay Robinson Racing. “Jay is helping make that happen for me. It’s just incredible.”
The No. 66 competes in all Cup races through a partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing.
For Indy, Moffitt will enjoy backing from Character Counts, a “community-based and educational program” that focuses on teaching school children ethics and values through what it calls the “six pillars of character” – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
The program is administered by the Josephson Institute of Youth Ethics and reaches over seven million U.S. school children per year.
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 0
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 3
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 2
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6