Jul 18, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Moffitt will be making his third Sprint Cup start of the season. In June, the K&N Pro Series East product finished 22nd at Dover in his first career Cup start and then finished 34th at Michigan.
“To race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a dream of any kid who’s ever gotten behind the wheel of any type of race car,” Moffitt said in a release from Jay Robinson Racing. “Jay is helping make that happen for me. It’s just incredible.”
The No. 66 competes in all Cup races through a partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing.
For Indy, Moffitt will enjoy backing from Character Counts, a “community-based and educational program” that focuses on teaching school children ethics and values through what it calls the “six pillars of character” – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
The program is administered by the Josephson Institute of Youth Ethics and reaches over seven million U.S. school children per year.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2