Jul 18, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Moffitt will be making his third Sprint Cup start of the season. In June, the K&N Pro Series East product finished 22nd at Dover in his first career Cup start and then finished 34th at Michigan.
“To race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a dream of any kid who’s ever gotten behind the wheel of any type of race car,” Moffitt said in a release from Jay Robinson Racing. “Jay is helping make that happen for me. It’s just incredible.”
The No. 66 competes in all Cup races through a partnership between MWR and Jay Robinson Racing.
For Indy, Moffitt will enjoy backing from Character Counts, a “community-based and educational program” that focuses on teaching school children ethics and values through what it calls the “six pillars of character” – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
The program is administered by the Josephson Institute of Youth Ethics and reaches over seven million U.S. school children per year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 1
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0