Jul 18, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
According to Joyce Julius & Associates data, the most mentioned driver in NASCAR Sprint Cup TV broadcasts during the first half of the 2014 season was…Kevin Harvick, who was mentioned 2,533 times over the opening 18 races.
As for Earnhardt, he garnered the most interview time in that time frame with 26 minutes, 21 seconds worth.
However, he was only the fifth-most mentioned driver (1,950) behind Harvick, Jimmie Johnson (2,326), Jeff Gordon (2,181), and Brad Keselowski (2,056); Johnson earned the most TV interviews overall with 32 and was second in overall interview time behind Earnhardt (21:53).
And Patrick? She may command a solid following within NASCAR Nation, but she wasn’t even in the Top 10 in mentions – which you can peruse below.
Harvick topping the list may be a surprise to some but when you factor in his two wins, his multiple near-misses, and his strong pace throughout the year, it seemingly becomes as good an explanation as any.
And if one or two of those near-misses instead played out into wins for Harvick, it’s safe to assume he would’ve been mentioned even more.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0