Jul 18, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
Adrian Sutil has said that he is not concerned about his future despite a poor start to the season that has seen Sauber fail to score any points.
The German driver was rumored to be in the firing line for Sauber, with reserve driver Giedo van der Garde set to replace him according to a story in the Swiss press. However, he explained to NBCSN’s Will Buxton that he has no idea where these stories came from.
“I haven’t read it, so I don’t really know,” Sutil said. “I’m still here, 119 grands prix, that’s it.”
He is instead focusing on the job at hand and trying to make the most of the troublesome C33 Sauber car.
“There’s always what you have to do in sports, you have to work on and never give up, try to improve and push,” he explained. “Don’t talk too much – deliver. Me as a driver, I have my job to do first, and that’s what I have to do right now.
“The car is probably not the best but I can’t change that for the moment so maximize what the car can do. This is the job I want to do and achieve this weekend, and then for the near future, I hope to have a better car to make this racing a bit more enjoyable which is definitely the case when you’re in the top ten or in the race for points.”
The rumors about Sutil’s future weren’t helped when he deleted his Twitter account earlier this week. However, the German explained that there was nothing sinister behind it.
“I had no time,” he said. “It’s too much work for me on the phone so I’m very sorry.”
Although Sutil’s seat does appear to be safe for now, until Sauber’s results begin to improve, there will always be question marks hanging over his head and that of teammate Esteban Gutierrez.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
Frenchman hopes to make up for a difficult 2014 campaign that yielded just eight points in total.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
A revolution has taken place at Maranello over the winter following Ferrari’s worst F1 performance in over 20 years.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Gene Haas may not be alone in bringing a new team into F1 in the near future.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
After its remarkable comeback, the team is yet to confirm who its second driver will be in Australia.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:44 PM EST
“The Giz” heads to V8SC’s biggest team in a three-year deal as the team’s third car.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:13 PM EST
“RHR 2.0″ enters world on March 5, 2015.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
“SK$” turns 20. Sage Karam will make his second IndyCar start at season-opening race in St. Petersburg.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
JEV wants to clinch Andretti a home win when Formula E hits U.S. shores in Miami later this month.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
All of the latest news from some of F1’s most prominent junior championships.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Filipino-Swiss driver moves from Formula Renault 3.5 for 2015.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
British driver sends out an ominous statement of intent ahead of the first race of the year in Australia on March 15.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Can Massa and Bottas pick up where they left off at the end of 2014?
Mar 5, 2015, 12:07 PM EST
Team now all set to race in Australia on March 15 after passing the FIA crash tests.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Add another American to the Formula E roster for 2015 as Speed replaces Marco Andretti for the first of two home races.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Dutch driver reportedly seeking an urgent court order that would get him on the grid for the upcoming Australian Grand Prix.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Big night of F1 programming upcoming tonight on NBCSN.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
With neither Hockenheim nor the Nurburgring prepared to host the race in 2015, the outlook is bleak for a German Grand Prix.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
New sponsor, new number (again) for Hinchcliffe’s 2015 IndyCar campaign.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:14 PM EST
Honda hints at more about its aero kits, while tossing out two dates of note.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Look through the Pirelli World Challenge field continues with a look at GTS.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1