Jul 18, 2014, 3:51 AM EDT
Formula 1 arrives in Germany this weekend for the first half of the final double-header before the summer break. To kick off proceedings, we’ve got FP1 today which begins at 4am ET.
You can watch FP1 for the German Grand Prix live on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Following his victory at Silverstone, the momentum appears to lie with Lewis Hamilton despite him trailing Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg by four points at the top of the standings. The Briton is certainly in a good vein of form, but Nico has home advantage this weekend with a roaring German crowd.
Spirits in Germany are generally high. Everyone is in a good mood following the World Cup victory, and even Mercedes is honoring the win with a new livery on its motorhome. Nico Rosberg has also changed his helmet in tribute of the nation’s fourth triumph.
This session will see Susie Wolff return to the wheel of the Williams FW36 after a difficult first outing in Great Britain. The Scot completed just four laps until an engine failure ended her FP1 bow early. Today, she will hope to put in a good performance behind the wheel of the Martini-liveried car.
FP1 begins at 4am ET. You can watch live on Live Extra and online by clicking here.
- WATCH: Red Bull Global Rallycross begins doubleheader weekend in L.A. 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0