Jul 18, 2014, 3:51 AM EDT
Formula 1 arrives in Germany this weekend for the first half of the final double-header before the summer break. To kick off proceedings, we’ve got FP1 today which begins at 4am ET.
You can watch FP1 for the German Grand Prix live on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Following his victory at Silverstone, the momentum appears to lie with Lewis Hamilton despite him trailing Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg by four points at the top of the standings. The Briton is certainly in a good vein of form, but Nico has home advantage this weekend with a roaring German crowd.
Spirits in Germany are generally high. Everyone is in a good mood following the World Cup victory, and even Mercedes is honoring the win with a new livery on its motorhome. Nico Rosberg has also changed his helmet in tribute of the nation’s fourth triumph.
This session will see Susie Wolff return to the wheel of the Williams FW36 after a difficult first outing in Great Britain. The Scot completed just four laps until an engine failure ended her FP1 bow early. Today, she will hope to put in a good performance behind the wheel of the Martini-liveried car.
FP1 begins at 4am ET. You can watch live on Live Extra and online by clicking here.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3