Jul 18, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
After Nico Rosberg made a perfect start to his German Grand Prix weekend by topping FP1 at Hockenheim, teammate Lewis Hamilton will be looking to strike back during second practice this afternoon.
You can watch FP2 live on Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Rosberg edged out Hamilton in the first session on Friday morning, finishing less than a tenth of a second quicker than his teammate. The Briton did show some impressive pace though, and will undoubtedly be a force to be reckoned with this weekend. We look set for another tight tussle at the front of the field in Germany.
For Rosberg, the pressure is on to continue Germany’s sporting success. Last Sunday, the national soccer team won the FIFA World Cup, and that’s certainly being felt around the paddock at Hockenheim. Mercedes’ motorhome has been given a fresh livery honoring the team, and Rosberg himself has a World Cup helmet for the weekend.
FP1 saw a tight battle to be best of the rest. Fernando Alonso was the eventual victor, finishing third, but the likes of Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo, Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen are all in the frame to fight for P3 in qualifying and the race. FP2 should give us an idea of everyone’s respective race pace for Sunday.
FP2 begins at 8am ET and is live on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
If you cannot join us live, the encore will be shown at 2:30pm ET on NBCSN.
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 3
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1