Jul 19, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Joe Gibbs Racing president J.D. Gibbs is a guy who puts his money where his mouth is.
And in this case, where other people’s mouths are, as well.
Gibbs and wife Melissa opened Groucho’s Deli of Huntersville (N.C.) in March with a noble intention in mind (per the company’s web site):
“100% of all proceeds generated by Groucho’s of Huntersville will be donated to several local charities close to the heart of the Gibbs family and others that will be rotated on a quarterly basis.”
And that’s what we meant when we said about Gibbs putting his money where his (and others) mouth is.
The Gibbs family announced Friday that they have made their first distribution of $16,000 to three local charities in the Charlotte area — Make a Wish foundation, Levine Children’s Hospital, and Young Life — according to WSOC TV and its web site, WSOCTV.com.
Gibbs told WSOC that his family will continue to give donations every three months and is asking customers to help choose which charities will receive donations for the next quarter.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0