Jul 19, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Joe Gibbs Racing president J.D. Gibbs is a guy who puts his money where his mouth is.
And in this case, where other people’s mouths are, as well.
Gibbs and wife Melissa opened Groucho’s Deli of Huntersville (N.C.) in March with a noble intention in mind (per the company’s web site):
“100% of all proceeds generated by Groucho’s of Huntersville will be donated to several local charities close to the heart of the Gibbs family and others that will be rotated on a quarterly basis.”
And that’s what we meant when we said about Gibbs putting his money where his (and others) mouth is.
The Gibbs family announced Friday that they have made their first distribution of $16,000 to three local charities in the Charlotte area — Make a Wish foundation, Levine Children’s Hospital, and Young Life — according to WSOC TV and its web site, WSOCTV.com.
Gibbs told WSOC that his family will continue to give donations every three months and is asking customers to help choose which charities will receive donations for the next quarter.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0