Jul 19, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Joe Gibbs Racing president J.D. Gibbs is a guy who puts his money where his mouth is.
And in this case, where other people’s mouths are, as well.
Gibbs and wife Melissa opened Groucho’s Deli of Huntersville (N.C.) in March with a noble intention in mind (per the company’s web site):
“100% of all proceeds generated by Groucho’s of Huntersville will be donated to several local charities close to the heart of the Gibbs family and others that will be rotated on a quarterly basis.”
And that’s what we meant when we said about Gibbs putting his money where his (and others) mouth is.
The Gibbs family announced Friday that they have made their first distribution of $16,000 to three local charities in the Charlotte area — Make a Wish foundation, Levine Children’s Hospital, and Young Life — according to WSOC TV and its web site, WSOCTV.com.
Gibbs told WSOC that his family will continue to give donations every three months and is asking customers to help choose which charities will receive donations for the next quarter.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 1
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 3