Jul 19, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Brian Scott has earned the pole for tonight’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the 1.5-mile Chicagoland Speedway.
Scott, who is also one of four competitors racing tonight for a $100,000 “Dash4Cash” bonus, posted a final round lap of 177.807 mph in the No. 2 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet to take pole for the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 (8:30 p.m. ET, check local listings).
It’s Scott’s second pole of 2014 and his fourth in NNS competition.
“We’ve got our game faces on,” Scott told Fox Sports. “We’re going out there to win the $100,000 and try to win the race. I think we’ve got a car capable of it and I think it’s going to be a lot of fun racing here under the lights at Chicago.”
RCR also locked out the front row thanks to NNS rookie Ty Dillon, who turned in a lap of 177.643 mph in his No. 3 Chevy. Fellow rookie Chase Elliott will roll off third after his lap of 177.381 mph, and Erik Jones will make his NNS debut tonight for Joe Gibbs Racing from the fourth position (177.322).
Sprint Cup regular Kasey Kahne (177.136) and Sam Hornish Jr. (177.090) make up Row 3, followed by another Dash4Cash driver, Elliott Sadler, and Ryan Blaney in Row 4. Two more RCR drivers, Brendan Gaughan and Cale Conley, will go from Row 5.
As for the two other D4C racers tonight, Chris Buescher will start 13th and Nationwide Series points leader Regan Smith will start 15th. Smith enters tonight’s race with an eight-point lead over Sadler in the championship, with Elliott in third place at 13 points behind.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0