Jul 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Following his huge crash during qualifying for the German Grand Prix today, Lewis Hamilton explained to NBCSN’s Will Buxton what happened after his brake failure, and how he is feeling following a high-speed impact with the wall.
The Briton had been looking to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix back in May, but spun off at turn eleven when his front-right brake disc failed.
After the crash, Hamilton was taken to the medical centre for a routine check-up, where he was found to have nothing more than some bruising. He admitted that the crash did hurt quite a bit, but he is feeling okay and will be able to race tomorrow at Hockenheim.
However, he is preparing for a difficult race from 15th on the grid, and conceded that Mercedes may even have to start him from the pit lane, depending on the work that needs to be done to the car.
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2