Jul 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Following his huge crash during qualifying for the German Grand Prix today, Lewis Hamilton explained to NBCSN’s Will Buxton what happened after his brake failure, and how he is feeling following a high-speed impact with the wall.
The Briton had been looking to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix back in May, but spun off at turn eleven when his front-right brake disc failed.
After the crash, Hamilton was taken to the medical centre for a routine check-up, where he was found to have nothing more than some bruising. He admitted that the crash did hurt quite a bit, but he is feeling okay and will be able to race tomorrow at Hockenheim.
However, he is preparing for a difficult race from 15th on the grid, and conceded that Mercedes may even have to start him from the pit lane, depending on the work that needs to be done to the car.
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 2
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 8