Jul 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Following his huge crash during qualifying for the German Grand Prix today, Lewis Hamilton explained to NBCSN’s Will Buxton what happened after his brake failure, and how he is feeling following a high-speed impact with the wall.
The Briton had been looking to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix back in May, but spun off at turn eleven when his front-right brake disc failed.
After the crash, Hamilton was taken to the medical centre for a routine check-up, where he was found to have nothing more than some bruising. He admitted that the crash did hurt quite a bit, but he is feeling okay and will be able to race tomorrow at Hockenheim.
However, he is preparing for a difficult race from 15th on the grid, and conceded that Mercedes may even have to start him from the pit lane, depending on the work that needs to be done to the car.
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1