Jul 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Following his huge crash during qualifying for the German Grand Prix today, Lewis Hamilton explained to NBCSN’s Will Buxton what happened after his brake failure, and how he is feeling following a high-speed impact with the wall.
The Briton had been looking to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix back in May, but spun off at turn eleven when his front-right brake disc failed.
After the crash, Hamilton was taken to the medical centre for a routine check-up, where he was found to have nothing more than some bruising. He admitted that the crash did hurt quite a bit, but he is feeling okay and will be able to race tomorrow at Hockenheim.
However, he is preparing for a difficult race from 15th on the grid, and conceded that Mercedes may even have to start him from the pit lane, depending on the work that needs to be done to the car.
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 5
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0