Jul 19, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Coverage of the Spring Creek National begins with the online pre-show, exclusively on ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra at 1:15 PM E.T. The pre-show will go into coverage of first and second motos in both classes from 2:00-6:00 PM E.T. Click here to access the Live Extra stream.
NBCSN will also televise same-day coverage of second motos at 6:00 PM E.T.
The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship’s annual trip to Millville, Minn. for the Spring Creek National serves as a homecoming race for several riders on the series – most notably, 250 Class points leader Jeremy Martin, who can literally call this one his “home race.”
That’s because Jeremy and his older brother Alex grew up riding the facility, which their parents John and Greta Martin have owned since the late 1980s.
Martin has looked dominant at times this season, and while the rest of the field has started to catch up in recent weeks, there’s no doubt that the Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha rider is the heavy favorite to win today’s race and extend his points lead over Blake Baggett and Cooper Webb.
The 450 Class also features a Minnesota native in the thick of the championship race – Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey. Currently 26 points back of his teammate Ken Roczen in the point standings, Dungey is coming off a win a week ago at Budds Creek and has been one of the most successful riders at Spring Creek over the years.
Between his time in the 250 Class and the 450 Class, Dungey had won here five years in a row until his streak was snapped by James Stewart last season. Dungey should be in contention for a victory once again today but will no doubt face another fierce challenge from Roczen.
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 0
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 0
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 1
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0