Jul 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay has the Borg-Warner Trophy. Now he wants a second Verizon IndyCar Series championship.
The American closed to within 32 points of leader Helio Castroneves thanks to his dramatic win last weekend at Iowa Speedway.
But in order to continue his pursuit of the 2014 title, he’ll need to stay out of trouble in this weekend’s doubleheader on the streets of Toronto.
You can watch Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto today at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but in case you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream it online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Hunter-Reay is staring up at both Castroneves and his Team Penske teammate, Will Power, who are separated by just nine points in the standings heading into the final doubleheader of the IndyCar season.
With six races remaining in the season, all involved can ill-afford a disastrous result today and tomorrow on the 1.75-mile street circuit at Toronto’s Exhibition Place.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto.
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 0
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 1
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0