Jul 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Today’s Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto will feature a standing start – and as we’ve seen in recent years, such starts have not always gone off smoothly in the Verizon IndyCar Series (see James Hinchcliffe getting hit from behind last year in Houston or the wild crash at the start of this year’s Grand Prix of Indianapolis).
With that in mind, drivers may feel an added sense of urgency to do well in qualifying for today’s 85-lap race around Exhibition Place.
You can watch qualifying at 1:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN. But in case you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream it online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified.
Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream. Again, CLICK HERE at 1:30 p.m. ET to see who will have a clear track ahead of them when the lights go green for Race 1 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra).
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 1
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0