Jul 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
To say that former CART champion Paul Tracy and Toronto mayor Rob Ford both know a thing or two about controversy may be putting it mildly.
But things went smoothly between the two colorful personalities when Tracy – now one of NBCSN’s Verizon IndyCar Series analysts – took the politician for a high-speed pace car ride around the 1.75-mile Honda Indy Toronto street circuit.
So how did the mayor handle things from the passenger seat? Check out the clip above to find out, then tune in to NBCSN or NBC Sports Live Extra for ongoing coverage of this afternoon’s IndyCar Race 2 from Toronto.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0