Jul 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
To say that former CART champion Paul Tracy and Toronto mayor Rob Ford both know a thing or two about controversy may be putting it mildly.
But things went smoothly between the two colorful personalities when Tracy – now one of NBCSN’s Verizon IndyCar Series analysts – took the politician for a high-speed pace car ride around the 1.75-mile Honda Indy Toronto street circuit.
So how did the mayor handle things from the passenger seat? Check out the clip above to find out, then tune in to NBCSN or NBC Sports Live Extra for ongoing coverage of this afternoon’s IndyCar Race 2 from Toronto.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0