Jul 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
To say that former CART champion Paul Tracy and Toronto mayor Rob Ford both know a thing or two about controversy may be putting it mildly.
But things went smoothly between the two colorful personalities when Tracy – now one of NBCSN’s Verizon IndyCar Series analysts – took the politician for a high-speed pace car ride around the 1.75-mile Honda Indy Toronto street circuit.
So how did the mayor handle things from the passenger seat? Check out the clip above to find out, then tune in to NBCSN or NBC Sports Live Extra for ongoing coverage of this afternoon’s IndyCar Race 2 from Toronto.
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 4
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 15