Jul 20, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
This morning, Sebastien Bourdais claimed his first Indy-car victory since 2007. But he doesn’t have much time to celebrate.
He and the rest of the Verizon IndyCar Series will return to the Honda Indy Toronto street circuit for the second, 65-lap race of the day in the Canadian metropolis.
Coverage of Race 2 begins on NBCSN at 3 p.m. ET, with a green flag expected around 4:15 p.m. ET. If you can’t be near a TV, then CLICK HERE to stream Race 2 online and on your mobile devices with NBC Sports Live Extra.
The starting grid for Race 2 will be set on entrant points following today’s Race 1. As a result, Team Penske’s Helio Castroneves and Will Power will be on the front row for the standing start, while Bourdais will be situated toward the middle of the grid.
Castroneves finished runner-up in Race 1 and extended his championship lead to 28 points over Will Power, who finished ninth. We’ll see if Power can respond in Race 2 and make up some of that lost ground.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 10:30 a.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto.
- WATCH LIVE: FP2 for the Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN and Live Extra from 8am ET 0
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 0
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 2
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 2