Jul 20, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg has a chance to cap off a near-perfect couple of weeks today, as he starts on pole position for the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Since the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, Rosberg has got married, seen Germany win the FIFA World Cup, signed a new long-term contract with Mercedes, and secured pole position for his home race. Today, he can make it even sweeter by winning the German Grand Prix.
You can watch the race live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Mercedes teammate and championship rival Lewis Hamilton crashed out in qualifying after a terrifying brake failure. After taking a five place grid penalty for changing his gearbox, the Briton will start down in 20th place, handing the advantage to Rosberg.
However, with rain forecast to hit Hockenheim during the grand prix, we could be in for a thrilling and unpredictable race. The Williams duo of Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa will be waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces if Rosberg hits trouble, but they too must be wary of the Red Bulls on the third row of the grid.
Be sure to join for the German Grand Prix, live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream. Coverage will continue until 10:30am ET, and the encore of the race is on NBCSN at midday.
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2