Jul 20, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg has a chance to cap off a near-perfect couple of weeks today, as he starts on pole position for the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Since the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, Rosberg has got married, seen Germany win the FIFA World Cup, signed a new long-term contract with Mercedes, and secured pole position for his home race. Today, he can make it even sweeter by winning the German Grand Prix.
You can watch the race live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Mercedes teammate and championship rival Lewis Hamilton crashed out in qualifying after a terrifying brake failure. After taking a five place grid penalty for changing his gearbox, the Briton will start down in 20th place, handing the advantage to Rosberg.
However, with rain forecast to hit Hockenheim during the grand prix, we could be in for a thrilling and unpredictable race. The Williams duo of Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa will be waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces if Rosberg hits trouble, but they too must be wary of the Red Bulls on the third row of the grid.
Be sure to join for the German Grand Prix, live on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream. Coverage will continue until 10:30am ET, and the encore of the race is on NBCSN at midday.
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 2
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0