Jul 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of this weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship races from Bark River, Michigan. NBCSN will air the races on Sun., Aug. 3, at 1:30 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
The TORC series’ “Throwdown in the U.P., Part 2″ at Bark River, Michigan proved to be a family affair, as Johnny Greaves and C.J. Greaves swept both races this weekend in PRO 4 and PRO 2 classes respectively.
Also bagging a pair of wins in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula was Keegan Kincaid in the PRO Light class.
Sunday’s PRO 4 race was a particularly tight one for Johnny Greaves, who took advantage of several competitors’ misfortunes. Early leader Mark Jenkins suffered a blown shock, leaving Adrian Cenni and Scott Douglas to fight over the point.
Both men took their turns at the front only to each have a tire go down. Those events allowed Johnny Greaves to take over the lead and he went on to earn his second PRO 4 win of the weekend ahead of Cenni and Mark Kvamme.
In PRO 2, C.J. topped the podium on both days, beating out Chad Hord and Jeff Kincaid; Hord and Kincaid finished second and third on Saturday, and then switched those positions at the end of Sunday’s race.
Next up for TORC is a trip to Sturgis, South Dakota, where they’ll compete Aug. 5-6 as part of the town’s legendary Bike Week festivities.
The mid-week “Battle at the Chip” will also feature a new addition to the TORC paddock, as famous West Coast Choppers motorcycle builder Jesse James is giving racing on four wheels a shot as a competitor in PRO 2.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 11
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10