Jul 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of this weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship races from Bark River, Michigan. NBCSN will air the races on Sun., Aug. 3, at 1:30 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
The TORC series’ “Throwdown in the U.P., Part 2″ at Bark River, Michigan proved to be a family affair, as Johnny Greaves and C.J. Greaves swept both races this weekend in PRO 4 and PRO 2 classes respectively.
Also bagging a pair of wins in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula was Keegan Kincaid in the PRO Light class.
Sunday’s PRO 4 race was a particularly tight one for Johnny Greaves, who took advantage of several competitors’ misfortunes. Early leader Mark Jenkins suffered a blown shock, leaving Adrian Cenni and Scott Douglas to fight over the point.
Both men took their turns at the front only to each have a tire go down. Those events allowed Johnny Greaves to take over the lead and he went on to earn his second PRO 4 win of the weekend ahead of Cenni and Mark Kvamme.
In PRO 2, C.J. topped the podium on both days, beating out Chad Hord and Jeff Kincaid; Hord and Kincaid finished second and third on Saturday, and then switched those positions at the end of Sunday’s race.
Next up for TORC is a trip to Sturgis, South Dakota, where they’ll compete Aug. 5-6 as part of the town’s legendary Bike Week festivities.
The mid-week “Battle at the Chip” will also feature a new addition to the TORC paddock, as famous West Coast Choppers motorcycle builder Jesse James is giving racing on four wheels a shot as a competitor in PRO 2.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0