Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hamlin finished in 55th place with a total of five points, beating Stenhouse’s total of four and Michael Waltrip‘s total of -18.
The tourney was scored on a Modified Stableford system, which awards or deducts points based on the amount of strokes at each hole.
Going into the final round, Stenhouse was leading the NASCAR trio with a total of seven. However, Hamlin was able to net four points on Sunday (highlighted by a three-point birdie on Hole No. 7) to pull ahead of Stenhouse, who slipped back after suffering three double-bogeys on the back nine.
But the main focus was about fun for all that competed in the tournament, which came on the final off-weekend of the year for Hamlin, Stenhouse, Waltrip, and the rest of the Sprint Cup Series.
Stenhouse, Waltrip, and Stenhouse’s girlfriend/fellow Sprint Cup driver Danica Patrick also tweeted a few photos from the weekend, which you can check out below.
Two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Mark Rypien won the tournament over NBC Sports hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick and women’s golf icon Annika Sorenstam.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0