Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hamlin finished in 55th place with a total of five points, beating Stenhouse’s total of four and Michael Waltrip‘s total of -18.
The tourney was scored on a Modified Stableford system, which awards or deducts points based on the amount of strokes at each hole.
Going into the final round, Stenhouse was leading the NASCAR trio with a total of seven. However, Hamlin was able to net four points on Sunday (highlighted by a three-point birdie on Hole No. 7) to pull ahead of Stenhouse, who slipped back after suffering three double-bogeys on the back nine.
But the main focus was about fun for all that competed in the tournament, which came on the final off-weekend of the year for Hamlin, Stenhouse, Waltrip, and the rest of the Sprint Cup Series.
Stenhouse, Waltrip, and Stenhouse’s girlfriend/fellow Sprint Cup driver Danica Patrick also tweeted a few photos from the weekend, which you can check out below.
Two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Mark Rypien won the tournament over NBC Sports hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick and women’s golf icon Annika Sorenstam.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1