Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hamlin finished in 55th place with a total of five points, beating Stenhouse’s total of four and Michael Waltrip‘s total of -18.
The tourney was scored on a Modified Stableford system, which awards or deducts points based on the amount of strokes at each hole.
Going into the final round, Stenhouse was leading the NASCAR trio with a total of seven. However, Hamlin was able to net four points on Sunday (highlighted by a three-point birdie on Hole No. 7) to pull ahead of Stenhouse, who slipped back after suffering three double-bogeys on the back nine.
But the main focus was about fun for all that competed in the tournament, which came on the final off-weekend of the year for Hamlin, Stenhouse, Waltrip, and the rest of the Sprint Cup Series.
Stenhouse, Waltrip, and Stenhouse’s girlfriend/fellow Sprint Cup driver Danica Patrick also tweeted a few photos from the weekend, which you can check out below.
Two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Mark Rypien won the tournament over NBC Sports hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick and women’s golf icon Annika Sorenstam.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1