Jul 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Ex-Formula One driver Jerome d’Ambrosio is the latest signing for the new FIA Formula E Championship. The Belgian’s been confirmed at Dragon Racing, where he’ll race alongside teammate Mike Conway.
Both raced in the GP2 Series at the same time in 2008, d’Ambrosio with DAMS (a team that also competes in FE as e.DAMS) and Conway with Trident Racing, before Conway’s career took him to North America. D’Ambrosio fought to get into F1 and raced the entire 2011 season with Marussia Virgin, then filled in for Romain Grosjean at Lotus in the 2012 Italian Grand Prix.
“I am so pleased to have Jérôme pilot one of our two Dragon Racing entries,” Dragon team principal Jay Penske said in a series release. “After watching Jérôme’s performances in F1, as well as the most recent Formula E test, I feel that the combination of Jérôme and our other drivers should prove to be a formidable force.”
A second seat at Andretti Autosport, and China Racing’s two seats are yet to be determined for the new series.
- BREAKING NEWS: NHRA to go ahead with Topeka race May 22-24, despite City Council vote against racetrack purchase 0
- New McLaren Honda livery revealed 1
- Q&A: IMS President Doug Boles heading into 2015 Month of May, 2016 planning 0
- Indiana native Bryan Clauson ready for special Indy 500 return 5
- On eve of 300th IndyCar start, Helio Castroneves eyes record-tying fourth Indy 500 win 3
- Alex Tagliani to drive 3rd AJ Foyt car in Indy 500, will pay tribute to Dan Gurney 3
- NHRA legend John Force turns 66, not slowing down any time soon 2