Jul 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Ex-Formula One driver Jerome d’Ambrosio is the latest signing for the new FIA Formula E Championship. The Belgian’s been confirmed at Dragon Racing, where he’ll race alongside teammate Mike Conway.
Both raced in the GP2 Series at the same time in 2008, d’Ambrosio with DAMS (a team that also competes in FE as e.DAMS) and Conway with Trident Racing, before Conway’s career took him to North America. D’Ambrosio fought to get into F1 and raced the entire 2011 season with Marussia Virgin, then filled in for Romain Grosjean at Lotus in the 2012 Italian Grand Prix.
“I am so pleased to have Jérôme pilot one of our two Dragon Racing entries,” Dragon team principal Jay Penske said in a series release. “After watching Jérôme’s performances in F1, as well as the most recent Formula E test, I feel that the combination of Jérôme and our other drivers should prove to be a formidable force.”
A second seat at Andretti Autosport, and China Racing’s two seats are yet to be determined for the new series.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5