Jul 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Ex-Formula One driver Jerome d’Ambrosio is the latest signing for the new FIA Formula E Championship. The Belgian’s been confirmed at Dragon Racing, where he’ll race alongside teammate Mike Conway.
Both raced in the GP2 Series at the same time in 2008, d’Ambrosio with DAMS (a team that also competes in FE as e.DAMS) and Conway with Trident Racing, before Conway’s career took him to North America. D’Ambrosio fought to get into F1 and raced the entire 2011 season with Marussia Virgin, then filled in for Romain Grosjean at Lotus in the 2012 Italian Grand Prix.
“I am so pleased to have Jérôme pilot one of our two Dragon Racing entries,” Dragon team principal Jay Penske said in a series release. “After watching Jérôme’s performances in F1, as well as the most recent Formula E test, I feel that the combination of Jérôme and our other drivers should prove to be a formidable force.”
A second seat at Andretti Autosport, and China Racing’s two seats are yet to be determined for the new series.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0