Jul 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing teammates Jake Eidson (race one) and Florian Latorre (race two) split the victories, with each driver winning their first career races in the championship and leading the other for 1-2 finishes.
Both races were held Sunday following the Saturday rainout. Eidson capitalized on Latorre running wide in Turn 1 in race one; Latorre rebounded in race two. RC Enerson (race one) and Aaron Telitz (race two) were the third-place finishers.
With just two weekends remaining (three races at Mid-Ohio, two at Sonoma), Latorre now leads Eidson 200-184 in the points, with Enerson third on 177.
Belardi Auto Racing’s Daniel Burkett, who finished ninth and eighth in the two races, put together two more “Daniel Burkett’s Quest for Sponsorship!” videos since we last introduced you to the young Canadian wearing a hot dog suit. Here’s those two – Episodes 2 and 3 of his quest – featured below.
Although Pro Mazda wasn’t in action this weekend, two of its drivers were in the IMSA Ultra 94 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin. Scott Hargrove won race one, Round 5 of the season, and Spencer Pigot won race two, Round 6. It’s Hargrove’s fourth and Pigot’s first win of the year. Hargrove leads the points, 116-100, over Chris Green. Pigot leads Hargrove in Pro Mazda before their next race at Mid-Ohio in a couple weeks.
One of Burkett’s teammates prior to Toronto, Nico Jamin, made the switch to Pabst Racing in Toronto. That dropped Belardi down to two cars, for Burkett and Jeroen Slaghekke. Gustavo Myasava (race one) and Andrew List (race two) were surprise 10th-place finishers.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10