Jul 23, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
At the end of the first segment of Wednesday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway, it’s Darrell Wallace Jr. in the lead.
The first of two competition cautions was supposed to occur at Lap 60, but did not actually come out until Lap 62. The track has hardened and is very slippery, causing a number of trucks to spin out.
Points leader Matt Crafton is 16th but stayed out and did not pit during the pit-optional stop after the first caution.
There will be two more segments – a 50-lap middle section and a 40-lap final sprint – separated by a second competition caution after the 50-lap mid-section.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Italian Grand Prix on Live Extra from 4am ET 0
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 1
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 2
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1