Jul 23, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
At the end of the first segment of Wednesday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway, it’s Darrell Wallace Jr. in the lead.
The first of two competition cautions was supposed to occur at Lap 60, but did not actually come out until Lap 62. The track has hardened and is very slippery, causing a number of trucks to spin out.
Points leader Matt Crafton is 16th but stayed out and did not pit during the pit-optional stop after the first caution.
There will be two more segments – a 50-lap middle section and a 40-lap final sprint – separated by a second competition caution after the 50-lap mid-section.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1