Jul 23, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
At the end of the first segment of Wednesday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway, it’s Darrell Wallace Jr. in the lead.
The first of two competition cautions was supposed to occur at Lap 60, but did not actually come out until Lap 62. The track has hardened and is very slippery, causing a number of trucks to spin out.
Points leader Matt Crafton is 16th but stayed out and did not pit during the pit-optional stop after the first caution.
There will be two more segments – a 50-lap middle section and a 40-lap final sprint – separated by a second competition caution after the 50-lap mid-section.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5