Jul 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahead of the Camping World RV Sales 301, we’d noted that AutoTrader.com had offered the opportunity for one university student to write an essay and have the opportunity to interview Team Penske’s Joey Logano.
The lucky winner was Melissa Proulx, a University of New Hampshire journalism student who won the first-ever “AutoTrader500″ essay contest for aspiring reporters.
Proulx spoke to Logano in advance of the most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which as it turned out was better for her considering what wound up happening to Logano in the race. Logano and Morgan Shepherd made contact and it triggered quite a response across the NASCAR landscape.
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7