Jul 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Ahead of the Camping World RV Sales 301, we’d noted that AutoTrader.com had offered the opportunity for one university student to write an essay and have the opportunity to interview Team Penske’s Joey Logano.
The lucky winner was Melissa Proulx, a University of New Hampshire journalism student who won the first-ever “AutoTrader500″ essay contest for aspiring reporters.
Proulx spoke to Logano in advance of the most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which as it turned out was better for her considering what wound up happening to Logano in the race. Logano and Morgan Shepherd made contact and it triggered quite a response across the NASCAR landscape.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0