Jul 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahead of the Camping World RV Sales 301, we’d noted that AutoTrader.com had offered the opportunity for one university student to write an essay and have the opportunity to interview Team Penske’s Joey Logano.
The lucky winner was Melissa Proulx, a University of New Hampshire journalism student who won the first-ever “AutoTrader500″ essay contest for aspiring reporters.
Proulx spoke to Logano in advance of the most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which as it turned out was better for her considering what wound up happening to Logano in the race. Logano and Morgan Shepherd made contact and it triggered quite a response across the NASCAR landscape.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1