Jul 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahead of the Camping World RV Sales 301, we’d noted that AutoTrader.com had offered the opportunity for one university student to write an essay and have the opportunity to interview Team Penske’s Joey Logano.
The lucky winner was Melissa Proulx, a University of New Hampshire journalism student who won the first-ever “AutoTrader500” essay contest for aspiring reporters.
Proulx spoke to Logano in advance of the most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which as it turned out was better for her considering what wound up happening to Logano in the race. Logano and Morgan Shepherd made contact and it triggered quite a response across the NASCAR landscape.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 0
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 1
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2