Jul 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahead of the Camping World RV Sales 301, we’d noted that AutoTrader.com had offered the opportunity for one university student to write an essay and have the opportunity to interview Team Penske’s Joey Logano.
The lucky winner was Melissa Proulx, a University of New Hampshire journalism student who won the first-ever “AutoTrader500″ essay contest for aspiring reporters.
Proulx spoke to Logano in advance of the most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which as it turned out was better for her considering what wound up happening to Logano in the race. Logano and Morgan Shepherd made contact and it triggered quite a response across the NASCAR landscape.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0