Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
A pivotal day of testing will occur today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, as five Verizon IndyCar Series teams seek to gain that crucial edge heading into Mid-Ohio’s Honda Indy 200 next weekend (August 1-3).
All four Andretti Autosport and Chip Ganassi Racing entries (eight total cars), plus the three from Team Penske, two from Dale Coyne Racing, two from KV Racing and single cars from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Mikhail Aleshin), Ed Carpenter Racing (Mike Conway) and Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Graham Rahal) will be testing at the 2.258-mile road course. Add the A.J. Foyt, Sarah Fisher Hartman and Bryan Herta Autosport teams and that’d be your full field right there.
Perhaps the only interesting nugget here is that Mid-Ohio, in recent years, has been a haven for one-offs and random replacements. But with no expected field changes for Mid-Ohio next week, it doesn’t appear as though we’ll be getting that for 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 0
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2