Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
A pivotal day of testing will occur today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, as five Verizon IndyCar Series teams seek to gain that crucial edge heading into Mid-Ohio’s Honda Indy 200 next weekend (August 1-3).
All four Andretti Autosport and Chip Ganassi Racing entries (eight total cars), plus the three from Team Penske, two from Dale Coyne Racing, two from KV Racing and single cars from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Mikhail Aleshin), Ed Carpenter Racing (Mike Conway) and Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Graham Rahal) will be testing at the 2.258-mile road course. Add the A.J. Foyt, Sarah Fisher Hartman and Bryan Herta Autosport teams and that’d be your full field right there.
Perhaps the only interesting nugget here is that Mid-Ohio, in recent years, has been a haven for one-offs and random replacements. But with no expected field changes for Mid-Ohio next week, it doesn’t appear as though we’ll be getting that for 2014.
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2