Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
A pivotal day of testing will occur today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, as five Verizon IndyCar Series teams seek to gain that crucial edge heading into Mid-Ohio’s Honda Indy 200 next weekend (August 1-3).
All four Andretti Autosport and Chip Ganassi Racing entries (eight total cars), plus the three from Team Penske, two from Dale Coyne Racing, two from KV Racing and single cars from Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Mikhail Aleshin), Ed Carpenter Racing (Mike Conway) and Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Graham Rahal) will be testing at the 2.258-mile road course. Add the A.J. Foyt, Sarah Fisher Hartman and Bryan Herta Autosport teams and that’d be your full field right there.
Perhaps the only interesting nugget here is that Mid-Ohio, in recent years, has been a haven for one-offs and random replacements. But with no expected field changes for Mid-Ohio next week, it doesn’t appear as though we’ll be getting that for 2014.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1