Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Pirelli has confirmed which tires will be on offer to the teams for the next three grands prix in Belgium, Italy and Singapore.
F1’s tire supplier has been criticized by some corners of the paddock for being too conservative in its allocations this year, and this appears to have continued for the next three races. Following a difficult 2013 season that saw the selections be not conservative enough, Pirelli cannot be blamed for erring on the side of caution.
For the next three races, the following tires will be on offer:
- Belgian Grand Prix – soft (option); medium (prime)
- Italian Grand Prix – medium (option); hard (prime)
- Singapore Grand Prix – super-soft (option); soft (hard)
“At Spa, one of the most spectacular and demanding circuits on the calendar, the P Zero White medium and P Zero Yellow soft tires will be used, which will be well-suited to the varied track and weather conditions often found in Belgium,” a statement from Pirelli reads.
“For Monza, the ‘temple of speed’ and Pirelli’s home event, the two hardest compounds in the range have been nominated: P Zero Orange hard and P Zero White medium. This is to combat the high-energy loads that are put through the tires as the result of high traction and braking demands, sustained high speeds and frequently warm temperatures.
“Singapore is the final street circuit of the season and held at night, providing a unique combination of conditions. The two softest tires in the range will be used: P Zero Yellow soft and P Zero Red supersoft. These will provide maximum mechanical grip.”
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11