Jul 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Brembo and Mercedes have released a joint statement confirming that they are yet to find the cause of Lewis Hamilton’s brake failure during qualifying for the German Grand Prix last weekend.
During the first stage of qualifying, Hamilton crashed in the final sector with some force after his front-right brake disc failed. The Briton walked away unharmed, but was forced to start the race from 20th on the grid. He eventually rallied to come home in third place, although he did lose more ground to championship rival and teammate Nico Rosberg, the eventual race winner.
In a statement, both Brembo and Mercedes underlined their commitment to resolving the issue despite not finding a reason for his crash yet.
“Following the accident experienced by Lewis Hamilton last Saturday at Hockenheim, Brembo and Mercedes have been working hand in hand to analyse and identify the causes of the failure,” it reads.
“There is currently no clear evidence of a single cause of failure and our continuing rigorous analysis will take into account multiple factors which could have contributed to the incident. The results of this technical analysis will be communicated as soon as they are available.
“Formula 1 is a domain of advanced development where technologies are pushed to their limits and in which strong partnerships are crucially important. Brembo and Mercedes remain committed to a close working relationship in the future.”
Hamilton finished fastest in both of today’s practice sessions for the Hungarian Grand Prix, and is chasing an unprecedented fifth victory at the Hungaroring this weekend.
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 0
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0
- Ferrari confirms Alonso will leave at end of 2014 F1 season 0
- Report: Kurt Busch meets with police over assault claims by ex-girlfriend 0