Jul 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s another two-part episode of the NBC Sports Original Digital Series “Paddock Pass,” coming to you this week from the Hungaroring in Budapest.
In Part 1, NBC Sports Group pit reporter/insider Will Buxton speaks to Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado, who left one struggling team for another and hopes to get Lotus to the podium. Buxton also speaks with Sauber’s Esteban Gutierrez about racing in his home country in the return of the Mexican Grand Prix next year.
In Part 2, Buxton gets the latest from Toro Rosso’s Jean-Eric Vergne, Caterham’s Marcus Ericsson and newly announced Marussia reserve driver, American Alexander Rossi.
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1