Jul 25, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
Having grown up in Bogota, Colombia, and having made Miami his home for the last eight years, Juan Pablo Montoya is used to large metropolitan and cosmopolitan cities.
He’s never at a loss for things to do in places like those.
But in Mansfield, Ohio? Well, not so much.
Montoya was at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this past Wednesday for a test with Penske Racing teammate Will Power. After a long day at the track, Montoya and Power went looking for something to do.
Because it was too far to drive to see the Camping World Truck Series race at Tony Stewart‘s Eldora Speedway that night, Montoya and Power finally decided they’d take in a movie together.
The flick they saw? Montoya was almost embarrassed when he admitted it during a press conference Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where he’ll race in Sunday’s Brickyard 400.
“‘Sex Tape,’ I think it’s called,” Montoya said in his own inimitable way. “That’s the name of the movie. We wanted to watch another movie, but we were late and that’s all there was.
“Come on, we’re in Mansfield, Ohio. There weren’t a lot of choices.”
Montoya did not offer a review of the movie. He probably figured he’d said too much already and should quit while he was ahead.
A bit earlier, Montoya was asked if he’s felt any difference when talking to people at IMS this weekend, given that he’s now a NASCAR ringer instead of a full-time Sprint Cup pilot.
“Maybe I think people are nicer now or I’m nicer, I don’t know. Either or,” he said with a laugh.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0