Jul 25, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
Having grown up in Bogota, Colombia, and having made Miami his home for the last eight years, Juan Pablo Montoya is used to large metropolitan and cosmopolitan cities.
He’s never at a loss for things to do in places like those.
But in Mansfield, Ohio? Well, not so much.
Montoya was at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this past Wednesday for a test with Penske Racing teammate Will Power. After a long day at the track, Montoya and Power went looking for something to do.
Because it was too far to drive to see the Camping World Truck Series race at Tony Stewart‘s Eldora Speedway that night, Montoya and Power finally decided they’d take in a movie together.
The flick they saw? Montoya was almost embarrassed when he admitted it during a press conference Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where he’ll race in Sunday’s Brickyard 400.
“‘Sex Tape,’ I think it’s called,” Montoya said in his own inimitable way. “That’s the name of the movie. We wanted to watch another movie, but we were late and that’s all there was.
“Come on, we’re in Mansfield, Ohio. There weren’t a lot of choices.”
Montoya did not offer a review of the movie. He probably figured he’d said too much already and should quit while he was ahead.
A bit earlier, Montoya was asked if he’s felt any difference when talking to people at IMS this weekend, given that he’s now a NASCAR ringer instead of a full-time Sprint Cup pilot.
“Maybe I think people are nicer now or I’m nicer, I don’t know. Either or,” he said with a laugh.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1