Jul 25, 2014, 12:11 PM EDT
Speeds dropped in this morning’s final NASCAR Nationwide Series practice at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but Ty Dillon‘s overall pace remained stout.
Dillon, who was second-quickest behind David Ragan in first practice, moved up to the top spot in “Happy Hour” with a lap of 180.245 mph in the No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet.
That lap was a bit slower than the 180.930 mph that he posted in the previous session.
His RCR teammate, Brian Scott, was second-quickest in final practice after posting a lap of 178.586 mph in his No. 2 Chevy.
After Scott won last week’s Dash4Cash bonus at Chicagoland, he and Dillon are among the four drivers competing for the third $100,000 D4C prize in this Saturday’s Lilly Diabetes 250 at IMS.
Following Scott in final practice was defending race winner Kyle Busch, who clocked in third with his lap of 178.338 mph in the No. 54 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.
Positions 6-10 were filled by Joey Logano, Paul Menard, Regan Smith, Bayne, and Ragan. Running the most laps in final practice were Ragan and rookie driver Ryan Reed, who each posted 22 laps in the session; Reed missed much of Practice 1 after hitting the Turn 2 SAFER early on.
Qualifying for tomorrow’s 250-miler around the world’s greatest racecourse is set for 12:10 p.m. ET, followed later that afternoon by the race itself at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 0
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 1
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0