Jul 25, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
Following an enthralling weekend and grand prix in Germany last time out, Formula 1 now heads to the Hungaroring for its final race before the summer shutdown.
Once this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix has taken place, we won’t be back racing until the end of August and the beginning of fall at the Belgian Grand Prix. That race will be the first of eight in a fourteen week period.
In terms of momentum at the top of the championship, this weekend’s race is a very important one. Fourteen points separate Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton at the top of the drivers’ championship, and with the latter enjoying a very good record around this circuit, he could be the man to beat on Sunday.
It all gets going with FP1 on Friday morning. You can watch the session live on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1