Jul 25, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
Following an enthralling weekend and grand prix in Germany last time out, Formula 1 now heads to the Hungaroring for its final race before the summer shutdown.
Once this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix has taken place, we won’t be back racing until the end of August and the beginning of fall at the Belgian Grand Prix. That race will be the first of eight in a fourteen week period.
In terms of momentum at the top of the championship, this weekend’s race is a very important one. Fourteen points separate Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton at the top of the drivers’ championship, and with the latter enjoying a very good record around this circuit, he could be the man to beat on Sunday.
It all gets going with FP1 on Friday morning. You can watch the session live on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1