Jul 25, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton will be looking to double up in second practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix this afternoon after finishing fastest in FP1 at the Hungaroring.
You can watch FP2 live on Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Hamilton is looking to become the most successful driver at the Hungaroring this weekend. The Briton is currently tied with Michael Schumacher on four victories in Hungary, but could move clear and claim his fifth win in eight years with victory this weekend.
However, looking to stop him will be Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. The German driver is currently riding the crest of a wave following his victory on home soil last time out, and he will be looking to extend his 14 point lead over Hamilton in Hungary this weekend. It may prove a near-impossible task to beat Hamilton, but as we saw in qualifying at Hockenheim, anything can happen.
Ferrari finished as best of the rest in FP1, and will be looking to do the same in the second session. Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso are both former winners of the race, but it might take a miracle for Ferrari to secure its first victory in almost 18 months this weekend. Instead, a fight for the podium with Red Bull and Williams seems to be on the cards.
Join us for FP2 live on Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
If you cannot join us live, catch the encore on NBCSN from 12pm ET.
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10