Jul 26, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
INDIANAPOLIS – During Saturday’s pre-Brickyard 400 press conference at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Dale Earnhardt Jr. admitted he is well aware he’ll turn 40 later this year (October 10).
“I’m going to turn 40 next year, or this year actually, so I think I’ve got so much going on that I’d rather not pile that on my plate,” Earnhardt said when asked if he’d consider running the ‘double,’ the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600.
But earlier in the week, Junior showed he may have a post-NASCAR future as an advice counselor for the lovelorn.
When a fan wrote him on Twitter and asked if he had “any advice for getting dumped,” Junior cut right to the chase (and we’re not talking about the Chase for the Sprint Cup):
“1. Focus on the 1 thing about them that annoyed u the most. 2. Party with friends.”
When another fan asked if he had any breakup advice, Earnhardt responded, “Do it in person. # HighRoad.”
In the same tweet, Earnhardt also admitted “I ran an advice booth at the mall once.”
Well, there you go. He has all the necessary credentials to become NASCAR’s version of Dear Abby. We can just see it now:
“Dear Dale, what do you do about a husband who is your biggest fan and ignores me?”
@DaleJr: “Become a fan of mine, too. Problem solved. The family that follows me together, stays together.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0