Jul 26, 2014, 4:45 AM EDT
After dominating both practice sessions in Hungary yesterday, Lewis Hamilton will be looking to make it a hat-trick in FP3 on Saturday morning in Budapest.
Coverage of FP3 begins at 5am ET on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The Briton has a superb record at the Hungaroring, winning there four times – a circuit record shared with F1 legend Michael Schumacher. In just seven years, he has made the circuit his own.
A fifth victory would see him at least halve teammate Nico Rosberg’s lead at the top of the drivers’ championship, so the pressure is on the German to run Hamilton as close as possible in Hungary to hang onto his advantage.
In practice yesterday, the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari battled to be the best of the rest behind the Silver Arrows, and we could see quite an interesting fight between Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen unfold at the Hungaroring. Also watch out for supporting roles from Williams and McLaren, who could yet spring a surprise.
FP3 will give us one final indicator of the pecking order before qualifying later today, which is live on CNBC from 8am ET.
Before that, you can watch the final practice session live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1