Jul 26, 2014, 4:45 AM EDT
After dominating both practice sessions in Hungary yesterday, Lewis Hamilton will be looking to make it a hat-trick in FP3 on Saturday morning in Budapest.
Coverage of FP3 begins at 5am ET on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
The Briton has a superb record at the Hungaroring, winning there four times – a circuit record shared with F1 legend Michael Schumacher. In just seven years, he has made the circuit his own.
A fifth victory would see him at least halve teammate Nico Rosberg’s lead at the top of the drivers’ championship, so the pressure is on the German to run Hamilton as close as possible in Hungary to hang onto his advantage.
In practice yesterday, the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari battled to be the best of the rest behind the Silver Arrows, and we could see quite an interesting fight between Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen unfold at the Hungaroring. Also watch out for supporting roles from Williams and McLaren, who could yet spring a surprise.
FP3 will give us one final indicator of the pecking order before qualifying later today, which is live on CNBC from 8am ET.
Before that, you can watch the final practice session live on Live Extra from 5am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1