Jul 26, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
After dominating the practice sessions for the Hungarian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton is hoping to produce a repeat performance when it really matters during qualifying at the Hungaroring today.
Coverage of qualifying begins at 8am ET live on CNBC and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
In FP1, FP2 and FP3, Hamilton led a Mercedes one-two with teammate Nico Rosberg being forced to play second fiddle. However, he did run Lewis very close in the session on Saturday morning to finish within one-tenth of a second at the top of the timesheets. He will be hoping to do the same in Hungary as he did in Canada: trail Hamilton in every practice before snatching pole away.
Also hoping for a repeat of Canada will be Daniel Ricciardo, who picked up the pieces from Mercedes’ problems to claim his maiden grand prix victory in Montreal. All things going as expected, he will most probably be fighting to finish on the podium with Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari duo Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, and the Williams pair of Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas.
It promises to be another close session up and down the grid in Hungary, but the pressure will be on Lewis to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix.
Remember, you can join us live on CNBC and Live Extra at 8am ET for Hungarian GP qualifying. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 6
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 19
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 5