Jul 26, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
After dominating the practice sessions for the Hungarian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton is hoping to produce a repeat performance when it really matters during qualifying at the Hungaroring today.
Coverage of qualifying begins at 8am ET live on CNBC and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
In FP1, FP2 and FP3, Hamilton led a Mercedes one-two with teammate Nico Rosberg being forced to play second fiddle. However, he did run Lewis very close in the session on Saturday morning to finish within one-tenth of a second at the top of the timesheets. He will be hoping to do the same in Hungary as he did in Canada: trail Hamilton in every practice before snatching pole away.
Also hoping for a repeat of Canada will be Daniel Ricciardo, who picked up the pieces from Mercedes’ problems to claim his maiden grand prix victory in Montreal. All things going as expected, he will most probably be fighting to finish on the podium with Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari duo Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, and the Williams pair of Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas.
It promises to be another close session up and down the grid in Hungary, but the pressure will be on Lewis to secure his first pole position since the Spanish Grand Prix.
Remember, you can join us live on CNBC and Live Extra at 8am ET for Hungarian GP qualifying. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3