Jul 26, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Four hours of live racing get underway at the MotoSport.com Washougal National at 4:00 PM E.T. with first motos in both classes, followed by second motos at 6:00 PM E.T. All motos will stream live on ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra and can be viewed here.
You can also tune into NBCSN at 6:00 PM E.T. for live television coverage of second motos in both classes.
With four rounds of racing left in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, the battle for the 450 Class title is still far from over. Ryan Dungey was able to cut teammate Ken Roczen’s points lead down to 24 points after the last race – meaning that one bad moto from Roczen could be all it takes for Dungey to overtake him in points.
Dungey has a history of success at Washougal. Between his time in the 250 Class and the 450 Class, he won here five years in a row from 2008-2012 and should be in the mix for the win once again today. He’ll also have the first gate selection for Moto 1 after turning the fastest lap in this morning’s qualifying sessions.
The duo’s greatest challenge may come from Eli Tomac though, who was dominant a week ago at Spring Creek and has looked excellent despite being a rookie in the 450 Class and missing the first four races due to injury.
In the 250 Class, Jeremy Martin saw his championship lead balloon to 43 points a week ago, but he can’t rest easy just yet. Cooper Webb and Blake Baggett still remain in contention but can’t afford to repeat their mistakes from last week, when they both crashed in separate incidents and gave up a ton of points to Martin.
Several riders are still looking for their first 250 Class moto win of the season, including Marvin Musquin, who was the top qualifier this morning in practice.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1