Jul 26, 2014, 2:53 PM EST
Widely regarded as one of the toughest and most physically demanding dirt bike races in the world, the Red Bull Hare Scramble is an endurocross event unlike any other.
The competitors must traverse a mountain, encountering obstacles such as narrow forest trails and unforgiving rock passages along the way, and they only have four hours to make it to the final checkpoint. Although 500 riders start the race, only a handful are actually able to make it to the finish line each year.
In partnership with the Red Bull Signature Series, NBC will be airing a recap of this year’s Red Bull Hare Scramble race at 3 PM E.T., so tune in to see for yourself what makes it such a challenging race.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 1
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 1
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3