Jul 26, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Widely regarded as one of the toughest and most physically demanding dirt bike races in the world, the Red Bull Hare Scramble is an endurocross event unlike any other.
The competitors must traverse a mountain, encountering obstacles such as narrow forest trails and unforgiving rock passages along the way, and they only have four hours to make it to the final checkpoint. Although 500 riders start the race, only a handful are actually able to make it to the finish line each year.
In partnership with the Red Bull Signature Series, NBC will be airing a recap of this year’s Red Bull Hare Scramble race at 3 PM E.T., so tune in to see for yourself what makes it such a challenging race.
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9