Jul 26, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Widely regarded as one of the toughest and most physically demanding dirt bike races in the world, the Red Bull Hare Scramble is an endurocross event unlike any other.
The competitors must traverse a mountain, encountering obstacles such as narrow forest trails and unforgiving rock passages along the way, and they only have four hours to make it to the final checkpoint. Although 500 riders start the race, only a handful are actually able to make it to the finish line each year.
In partnership with the Red Bull Signature Series, NBC will be airing a recap of this year’s Red Bull Hare Scramble race at 3 PM E.T., so tune in to see for yourself what makes it such a challenging race.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 1
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1