Jul 26, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Widely regarded as one of the toughest and most physically demanding dirt bike races in the world, the Red Bull Hare Scramble is an endurocross event unlike any other.
The competitors must traverse a mountain, encountering obstacles such as narrow forest trails and unforgiving rock passages along the way, and they only have four hours to make it to the final checkpoint. Although 500 riders start the race, only a handful are actually able to make it to the finish line each year.
In partnership with the Red Bull Signature Series, NBC will be airing a recap of this year’s Red Bull Hare Scramble race at 3 PM E.T., so tune in to see for yourself what makes it such a challenging race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick set to swap crews at Stewart-Haas 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2